Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.1041 (KB5017383) to Insiders in the Release Preview Channel on Windows 11 (original release). This update includes the following improvements:
- New! We introduced WebAuthn redirection. It lets you authenticate in apps and on websites without a password when you use Remote Desktop. Then, you can use Windows Hello or security devices, such as Fast Identity Online 2.0 (FIDO2) keys.
- New! We added more dynamic Widgets content to your taskbar with notification badging. When you open the Widgets board, a banner appears at the top of the board. It provides more information about what triggered the notification badge.
- We fixed an issue that requires you to reinstall an app if the Microsoft Store has not signed that app. This issue occurs after you upgrade to a newer OS.
- We fixed an issue that stops codecs from being updated from the Microsoft Store.
- We fixed a race condition in framework autorepair registration. This issue occurs because a registration key is missing.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Network Policy Server Management (NPSM) service. This issue causes major delays when you sign out.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Windows Search service. Indexing progress is slow when you use the service.
- We fixed an issue that affects cached credentials for security keys and FIDO2 authentications. On hybrid domain-joined devices, the system removes these cached credentials.
- We fixed an issue that affects a network’s static IP. The issue causes the configuration of the static IP to be inconsistent. Because of this, NetworkAdapterConfiguration() fails sporadically.
- We fixed a rare stop error that happens after you change the display mode and more than one display is in use.
- We fixed an issue that affects rendering in Desktop Window Manager (DWM). This issue might cause your device to stop responding in a virtual machine setting when you use certain video graphics drivers.
- We fixed an issue that affects graphics drivers that use d3d9on12.dll.
- We fixed an issue that forces the IE mode tabs in a session to reload.
- We fixed an issue that successfully opens a browser window in IE mode to display a PDF file. Later, browsing to another IE mode site within the same window fails.
- We fixed an issue that affects window.open in IE mode.
- We introduced a Group Policy that enables and disables Microsoft HTML Application (MSHTA) files.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Microsoft Japanese input method editor (IME). Text reconversion fails when you use some third-party virtual desktops.
- We fixed an issue that occurs when the input queue overflows. This might cause an application to stop responding.
- We fixed an issue that might cause a black screen to appear on your display. This might occur when you use a pen to turn on high dynamic range (HDR).
- We fixed an issue that affects the App-V client service. The service leaks memory when you delete App-V registry nodes.
- We fixed an issue that might change the default printer if the printer is a network printer.
- We fixed an issue that affects WDAC policies. If you enable SecureLaunch on a device, WDAC policies will not apply to that device.
- We fixed an issue that affects Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) path rules. This issue stops .msi and PowerShell scripts from running.
- We fixed an issue that might bypass MSHTML and ActiveX rules for WDAC.
- We fixed an issue that causes WDAC to log 3091 and 3092 events in audit mode.
- We fixed an issue that affects Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC). It stops WDAC from logging .NET Dynamic Code trust verification failures.
- We fixed an issue that occurs when a WDAC policy fails to load. The system logs that failure as an error, but the system should log the failure as a warning.
- We fixed an issue that affects Code Integrity logging. It logs issues as errors instead of warnings. Because of this, automatic repair is triggered.
- We fixed an issue that affects the touch keyboard. The touch keyboard immediately closes when you tap to switch apps.
- We fixed an issue that causes LogonUI.exe to stop working. Because of this, you cannot dismiss the lock screen to view the credentials screen.
- We fixed an issue that affects the FindNextFileNameW() It might leak memory.
- We fixed an issue that affects robocopy. Robocopy fails to set a file to the right modified time when using the /IS
- We fixed an issue that affects cldflt.sys. A stop error occurs when it is used with Microsoft OneDrive.
- We fixed an issue that affects the LanmanWorkstation service. When you mount a network drive, the service leaks memory.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Get-SmbServerNetworkInterface It only retrieves a subset of the available network interfaces.
- We fixed an issue that affects the Get-SmbServerConfiguration It only allows you to run it if you are an administrator.
- We fixed an issue that affects Roaming User Profiles. After you sign in or sign out, some of your settings are not restored.
- We fixed a known issue that affects XML Paper Specification (XPS) viewers. This might stop you from opening XPS files in some non-English languages. These include some Japanese and Chinese character encodings. This issue affects XPS and Open XPS (OXPS) files.
- We fixed a known issue that affects daylight saving time in Chile. This issue might affect the time and dates used for meetings, apps, tasks, services, transactions, and more.