Windows 7 Reliability Monitor

Tepid

One thing that is useful and (even I am guilty of) not used or looked at or talked about very much is

Reliability Monitor.....

It is something I have used many times in Vista,, and have neglected or not thought of having others use to see what might be causing some of their problems.

If you go into Control Panel / Action Center / Maintenance / View Reliability History

It can give you some indication of what might be causing some issues.
Some things might possibly be ignorable, much like Event Viewer, but it can give a bit better information than Event Viewer.
And it is easier to navigate and understand than event viewer.

So I encourage people to check this tool and use it as a resource for troubleshooting. It is what it is there for.

I use it in the initial stages of an install, and sometimes when trying to install doubtful software. But for the most part it sits unattended.
But, there is another thread here where a poster is doubting that any other users never have problems. I believe you contributed to the thread?
But, if this thread could get some useful feedback, perhaps he could be convinced. I have just uploaded my three year old laptop picture, for the past period. (Last couple of weeks)

Here is a later, fuller, picture. Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
I think there is something wrong with the pic,,,or something wrong with RM
Can you recheck that?

Not sure which thread that is. Let me know if you can find it...
But yes,, I also would like to get some feed back.

strgzr's post here:

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-discussion/19580-left-windows-7-a-3.html

The picture opens OK for me?? But if you could explain what is "RM" perhaps I can repost? I deliberately cut off the bottom as it shows some yellow bookmarks, which are only software install markers, but might have led to uneccessary comment from some readers. (I spend a lot of time ytesting new and suggested software.)
Oh. Of course. RM = Reliabilty monitor. What did you think was in error?

Last edited:
Never mind,,, it's opening fine now,,, must have been a problem on my end,, I wasn't seeing the whole pic.

I didn't see any mention of RM in that thread,, I will need to re-read the whole thing when I have more time.

LOL - It was only my stupidity. Forgive me. you said " think there is something wrong with the pic,,,or something wrong with RM"

It took me too long to figure out what an RM was!!!
But, unfortunately, it looks like you and I are the only ones interested?? No follow ups at all.

Back