Reminder Need Critical

No Beta OS should ever be installed, except as, follows:

1. On a spare machine
2. Virtually
3. As a dual-boot.
4. Run from a USB stick

Never as an Upgrade or replacement to an existing, current, non-beta OS. Never on a production machine.
Nor, BTW, can one move from 1 Beta of an OS to the next or from Beta to RTM, etc... from Build to Build or stage to stage, except by clean installs.

Programs & software must be installed, after a fresh OS install.

Cheers,
Drew

Last edited:

whs

Extraordinary Member
Drew, you forgot:

4. From a USB stick :redface:

That's how I run Windows 8 CP on my laptop.

True. Added, there & included now. Thanks!

Except, was listing how to install not, from what sources.

Drew

Last edited:

whs

Extraordinary Member
No, no Drew, you are getting this wrong. Not install but Run. See my little tutorial here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=475a0a48ca6d4035&resid=475A0A48CA6D4035!1776&parid=root

Open it in a browser that can read PDFs. Then you do not have to download the little file.

Last edited:
Oh, right, ok. Caught what you're meaning, now. Amended the OP accordingly. Thanks.

Drew

whs

Extraordinary Member
That stick I chose works really well. I think it is faster than when you install it on a HDD, but not as fast as my system in Virtual box on the SSD. Boot time is 36 seconds and shutdown 14 seconds (as to Event Viewer).

Mostly cus of the nature of SSDs. May change when not bare-bones OS but, still, excellent.

Drew

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.