Windows 10 remote access

LT72884

Ello all. I have win 10 on both my latptop and my home pc. I dont think any of them are the pro version. Anyway, i have been using logmein remote desktop to view and control my pc from a remote location, but now i am looking for something that will allow me to remote into the pc at home, but not take control of the screen perse. That way, if someone else is using the pc, i can have my own session with out taking over theirs. I am doing this so i can 3d print from remote locations because my 3d printer does not have a print server in it, i have to print from the pc itself, but if i am at school or work and want to print, i need to be able to login to the pc at home as if i was really there, but not hijack someones session.

thanks

Matt

Honestly there are ways to do this, but they aren't very elegant. RDPWrap breaks every time an update comes out for 10. In my opinion you should really look at octoprint and get that working on your 3d printer.

Ok, ill look into it. I have a davinci jr 1.0 which is pretty locked down

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Honestly there are ways to do this, but they aren't very elegant. RDPWrap breaks every time an update comes out for 10. In my opinion you should really look at octoprint and get that working on your 3d printer.
RDP used to work great back in the day with winxp. Everything was better on xp, just my opinion haha. I could configure all my ccnp equip on xp so much better.

Microsoft RDP still works great, but it was never designed for multiple users except in Windows Server products. You may give RDPWrap a try, it is truly a Windows "hack" though and may break at any time during an update. It does allow the multiple users at same time functionality that you are looking for.

Exactly. RDP on client versions of Windows only allow for a single interactive session. Windows server editions allow for two simultaneous RDP sessions. In order to have more than two sessions the RDS server role needs to be installed on the server.

Yeah, i had winxp pro and a few servers going at the time. But that was 10 years ago. Now i just have a laptop and a pc, thats it haha.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom