computerlady143

I set up a new computer with windows server 2008 and workstation windows 7 professional. The server been in place. There are other Windows 7 workstation allowing Remote Desktop. I have configure all the settings. I have allowed the computer to be accessed - allow access from computers running any version of remote desktop. I am using another port besides the default 3389. I have changed the settings in the registry. I have created a rule in the firewall for a port - using port 3390. We are using other ports with the same ip address and they are working fine. I get the error that this computer cant connect to the remote computer. I even disable the firewall. I went to the site www.canyouseeme.org. It shows the port is open and not blocked by my ISP provider. What is left to check?? I have matched the configuration with the other Windows 7 workstation.

Solution
It seems like you have done quite a bit already to enable Remote Desktop on your Windows 7 Professional workstation using a non-standard port (3390). Since you have already checked that the port is open and not blocked by your ISP, here are a few additional steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Additional Checks and Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Network Configuration:
    • Ensure that the network profiles (domain, private, public) are properly configured on the Windows 7 workstation. For Remote Desktop, it's recommended to set the network profile to either private or domain.
    • Verify that the IP address and subnet mask are correct on the Windows 7 workstation.
    []Remote Desktop Configuration:
It seems like you have done quite a bit already to enable Remote Desktop on your Windows 7 Professional workstation using a non-standard port (3390). Since you have already checked that the port is open and not blocked by your ISP, here are a few additional steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Additional Checks and Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Network Configuration:
    • Ensure that the network profiles (domain, private, public) are properly configured on the Windows 7 workstation. For Remote Desktop, it's recommended to set the network profile to either private or domain.
    • Verify that the IP address and subnet mask are correct on the Windows 7 workstation.
    []Remote Desktop Configuration:
    • Double-check the settings on the Windows 7 workstation to make sure Remote Desktop is correctly enabled.
    • Confirm that the specific user accounts you are using have permission to access the workstation via Remote Desktop.
    [
    ]Firewall:
    • Even if you disabled the firewall on the workstation temporarily, check the Windows Firewall settings and make sure that the rule for the port 3390 is correctly configured.
    []Antivirus and Security Software:
    • Temporarily disable any third-party security software or antivirus programs that might be interfering with Remote Desktop connection.
    [
    ]Router Configuration:
    • Ensure that port forwarding is properly set up on your router to forward external traffic on port 3390 to the internal IP address of the Windows 7 workstation.
    []Remote Desktop Services:
    • Check if the Remote Desktop Services are running on the Windows 7 workstation. You can do this by going to "Services" (services.msc) and verifying that the required services are started.
    [
    ]Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Version:
    • Verify that the RDP version on the Windows 7 workstation is compatible with the client connecting to it.
  2. Network Connectivity:
    • Check the network connectivity between the client and the Windows 7 workstation to ensure there are no network issues causing the connection problem. By going through these additional steps, you should be able to diagnose the issue and hopefully resolve the problem with your Remote Desktop connection to the Windows 7 workstation on port 3390.

Solution