When I'm away from my home office, I like to use Remote Desktop Connection to log on to 3 of my home computers. I have done this before without problems, but this time I found that I could connect but the remote computer would not accept my login even though I was using a user name and password that I knew worked for logging on locally. I was going to come here for help, but I figured out what the problem was before hand, so I thought I would post what happened just in case someone else runs into this problem. The problem was that I had gone to the control panel and changed the username from what I had used when the OS was installed. This is a no-no because some aspects of the original user name are permanent. I accidentally discovered this when I went to computer management and clicked on local user and groups and saw two different names. One under column name, and the other under column full name. When I changed the full name back to the same as name, everything then worked fine with RDC. This seems like a flaw in the Windows OS. There should at least be a warning given that the original name should not be changed. Could someone please comment.