Windows 10 Remote Desktop

Joe Arnon

I'm using Remote Desktop to connect to my companies desktop computers. computer which are not connected to the domain, I can save the password and it not asks me for it again on my next connection. desktop computers which are connected to the domain keep asking me for the password when ever I login to them. I think it's a domain policy. can I change that?

Remember when you logging in into your computer. It always send you form for login. I think there is option for saving username and password but it may be security reason as is. So it is by default if you are not registered in domain otherwise.
Other thing is as you logging into browser, it has auto fill option cos browser is your personal tool. So there is some logic to this.
If you logging in every time(Windows) in LAN from WAN there is option
Password for all
Password for none

Login forms don't have logic to automatically fill in .

Last edited:
in the remote desktop form there is an option to save logon information, but it works only on computers outside the domain, same computer in the domain and it does not work.

This remind me on Unix super user reloging every time you need some system executives, even if you are already logged into your account.
As much as I know you may be as administrator with some elevated privileges that has limited time for access to essential information. Then credentials ends.
This strange behavior may be during security issues cos if you accidentally forthright to log out it may lead to some serious security breach.
That is my best. Ask someone from Unix background. Maybe is POSIX wise.
Good luck.

It is likely a GPO preventing you from saving the password and no you won't be able to override it without a systems admin making an exception which is unlikely that they will do that. It could also depend on how you access these systems from your personal device. Are you going through an RDS gateway? (Company web page with application icons) These can also be configured to prevent saving credentials.

Back
Top Bottom