Remove Computer from Network View

I'm setting up a home network and in the process renamed my main desktop a couple of times.
Now when viewing the network from either the desktop or my laptop I see the 2 old names as computers in the list. They are inaccessible but I can't figure out a way to remove them from the list.

Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
I'm setting up a home network and in the process renamed my main desktop a couple of times.
Now when viewing the network from either the desktop or my laptop I see the 2 old names as computers in the list. They are inaccessible but I can't figure out a way to remove them from the list.

Any ideas?
Try this from an elevated command prompt (right click on command prompt and choose run as adminitrator) type nbtstat -R both machines, don't know if you need to reboot but it wouldn't hurt. Let us know if that worked, it's suppose to flush the netbios cache,

Well, the first of the old names dropped-off immediately after I ran the flush, the other went away after a few minutes. I don't know whether the flush did it or they just had to time out but either way they're gone now.

Thank you for the help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Thanks for posting back, glad your problem is resolved. Sometimes netbios information, good or bad can take a while to propagate across the network and flushing the netbios cache will often speed up the process

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.