Windows 7 Remove Programs

skaterbingo

I have a conputer with windows 7, 64 bit. I have an old program (network magic) that came over with my upgrade from vista. It is not compatible with windows 7 but when I try to delete it I get the message that the program is being used by another program and cannot be deleted. In my old xp computer I had a utility that would delete programs like this when the computer was shut down. I can't find such a program for windows 7. Any suggestions?

I have a conputer with windows 7, 64 bit. I have an old program (network magic) that came over with my upgrade from vista. It is not compatible with windows 7 but when I try to delete it I get the message that the program is being used by another program and cannot be deleted. In my old xp computer I had a utility that would delete programs like this when the computer was shut down. I can't find such a program for windows 7. Any suggestions?

Network Magic by Cisco? I use it with Win7 64bit with no problems at all. Still works on all my networked systems using, XP, Vista and Win7

It may be loading at bootup... so run msconfig .. go to startup and see if you can find and uncheck the box.

Anyway, press ctrl +shift +escape and open task manager... find it in processes and kill it... they it you can delete it.. but it ist's listed under programs and features you should use the uninstall to remove it so that it's all gone.. including registry entries and other remnants that may cause error messages.

If you decide to Uninstall get the program "Windows 7 Manager" very good utility program, I give it a thumbs up..

Download Unlocker.

The page will be blocked by Microsoft, but just click more details and choose to go there:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

It will delete the object or if not immediately, on the next reboot.

Back