Windows 7 Removing BlackIce PC Protection

njacob05

I am attempting to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 and when I attempted to install Windows 7 32 bit version during the compatibility test phase, I get a prompt telling me to remove BlackIce PC/Server protection. When I go the to Control Panel to attempt to remove the program I can't seem to find it.

Can anyone provide help on how to remove this phantom program?

Last edited:
To remove the BlackIce PC/Server protection program from your system, you can try the following steps:
1. Use the Uninstaller Executable: If you cannot find the program in the Control Panel, you might still have the uninstaller executable for BlackIce PC/Server protection. Look for this executable in the program's installation directory. Run the uninstaller to remove the program.
2. Check Hidden Programs: Sometimes programs can be hidden in the Control Panel list. You can try to enable the display of hidden programs in the Control Panel by following these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Look for an option like "View by:" and change it to "Large icons" or "Small icons."
- Check if you can now see the BlackIce PC/Server protection program in the list. If it's there, you should be able to uninstall it from here.
3. Use Third-Party Uninstallers: If the above methods don't work, you can use third-party uninstaller software like Revo Uninstaller or IObit Uninstaller. These tools can help you locate and uninstall hard-to-find programs completely.
4. Manual Removal: If all else fails and you know the installation location of the program, you can manually delete the program files:
- Navigate to the installation directory of BlackIce PC/Server protection.
- Delete all files and folders related to the program.
- Be cautious when manually removing programs, as deleting essential files can impact system stability.
5. Registry Cleanup: Additionally, you can search the Windows Registry for remnants of the program and remove them. To do this:
- Press Windows key + R, type in regedit, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE.
- Look for any entries related to BlackIce PC/Server protection and delete them (be extremely careful when editing the registry).
After you have successfully removed the BlackIce PC/Server protection program, you should be able to proceed with the installation of Windows 7 without encountering the prompt to remove it again.
Remember to back up your important files before making any changes to your system.

Back