Removing Kaspersky AV

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by Thomas, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Thomas

Thomas New Member

How do you remove Kaspersky AV without loosing your Internet Access?? I figured out the problem. It was the nick cards on my system. I have a EVGA 780i motherboard and I had it configured to combine the nick cards and that was causing the problem. Fix was to uncombine them.

Thomas :cool:

#1 Thomas, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. jmanjeff

jmanjeff New Member

go to Control Panel\ Programs and Features and look for Kaspersky and click on it a then remove

3. Thomas

Thomas New Member

Remove

And if you do yhat you will loose your Internet. The only way is to do a clean install. And you will loose everything. :mad:
    You can't even format the hard drive. You have to put in an old copy of Windows XP and do a clean install, and that will get rid of everything, Including Windows 7

Thomas:cool:

4. sw3rve

sw3rve New Member

wow, im never using that AV. lol

5. Thomas

Thomas New Member

They own you

They own you once you install their software. The only way to get rid of them is to do a compleat clean install and start over. :mad:

I put it on all three os and am rebuilding the first now. Reformating all drives and reinstalling Windows XP, Then a new copy of Windows 7:confused:

As for me I am not going to buy a AntiVirousprogram untill Windows 7 goes to market !! I am not going to pay Kasperskey $ 79.00 for a beta test.

#5 Thomas, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  6. jmanjeff

jmanjeff New Member

Who told you all that bull removing the program will not make you lose your internet or make it so you can not format any hard drive . If that did happen to you there is something wrong some where ells

7. GomJabbar

GomJabbar Senior Member

I used the Kaspersky Internet Security software suite up until June of 2008 on Windows XP. I uninstalled it when it expired using Add or Remove Programs, then I installed Avira AntiVir. No problems here. I never lost my internet when uninistalling KIS on Windows XP.

8. Jarhead57

Jarhead57 New Member
    Premium Supporter

I used "add/remove" in Win7 to remove Kaspersky Internet Security and didn't lose my internet connection.

9. francoeurdavid

francoeurdavid New Member

You might use your internet if you were using it a s a firewall but it should only go for a second or two.

10. whoosh

whoosh Cooler King
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

How about the roll back feature ? I have found roll back handy to repair installed software problems .

11. francoeurdavid

francoeurdavid New Member

As for now it is working perfectly, I don't really know what was wrong with it but since I have removed KIS it is working...

12. jatboydelhi

jatboydelhi New Member

do it in safe mode. It ill work.