Windows 7 Removing Mobile 3G/4G Device Listing After Uninstalling..How?

petes457

Hi all. I recently took advantage of the 30-day trial for Time Warner Mobile and installed their USB device and software. (They use the same WiMax network as Sprint and Clearwire.) After deciding I didn't want it, I uninstalled the software. However, when you click on the network icon in the bottom right hand corner that lists the wireless networks in the area you can access, it still has "Time Warner Mobile 3G" listed at the very top under Dial-up and VPNs. Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of that listing since I no longer have the device or the software? Thanks in advance.

Have you gone to the Control Panel and Programs and Features to remove it. If that does not work you may need to start in Safe Mode and remove from there.

Yes, that's how I uninstalled the software in the first place - from Control Panel and Programs and Features. So there is no sign of the software remaining except the remnants that are left over in the network list that still lists Time Warner Mobile 3G as a wireless network. The uninstall is obviously not a clean one and leaves traces behind. I just want to remove the listing for a network that has been removed and can not be accessed. Thanks.

If you would have asked prior to removing the device, I would have suggested going to Device Manager and checking properties, drivers and uninstalling there. If I remember correctly, there is an option to remove all drivers.

Well, if you cannot find something to clean your system, all I could suggest is to reinstall and go to device manager once there is a device there and remove all drivers.

You might try booting into safe mode and checking device manager. There may be a ghost device you can remove.

Back
Top Bottom