Removing old Nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by philwhite, Oct 17, 2009.

1. philwhite

philwhite New Member

As the title says. I recently had to fit a new card as my old one had died. I had a 9800GX2 but now have a GTX295 installed.
    I had real trouble removing the old drivers and installing the new and ended up doing it in safe mode.
    My 9800GX2 is still under warranty so will do as a spare if ever i need one.

Anyone else out there had this kind of trouble also??

Thanks.

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

3. philwhite

philwhite New Member

Hi kemical, i have not posted for a while although i do still read postings on a regular basis.
    I am unsure whether to get Windows 7 as yet to be honest as it will be the usual chore of a fresh install. I have just updated the firmware of my LG GGW-H20L DVD drive too.

The GTX295 is a nice card although it does lack the HDMI port that the 9800GX2 had but a dongle is supplied so i can still use my HDMI cable.

I got the Zotac ZT-295E3MB-FSP GTX295 which seems to be a good card, it shares 3199mb of system memory like the 9800GX2 did for some strange reason, why is that i wonder???

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hey Phil,
    yup I've seen you flit from here to there...:) As for the memory usage are you sure it's not the pagefile that's being used? As that would stay the same regardless of what card you put in...