Windows 7 Removing Trojans

haplyss

I apologize for an earlier crash, while I was on this forum trying to present my problem.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, with 2 processors: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.6GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, RAM: 6109MB, Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset, 1265MB, Hard Drive: C: 938406MB, Free 886307MB, Motherboard: Gateway, EG43M.

I found 2 Trojans using Malwarebytes AntiMalware. One is in C:\Windows\svchost.ext. The other was in Memory Process, but I haven't found the path, yet. The anti-malware program indicated I must reboot to complete removfal, but the 2 Trojans are still there after rebooting.

How do I get these pains removed without spending 30+ dollars? Is there a freeware program to help me with this?

Please help me & Thank You,

Haplyss:confused:

Did you click the remove tab in malwarebytes? Once you click remove, malwarebytes will remove it and then the reboot finishes the remvoal. It's all automated, you don't have to find/look for anything.

Did you click the remove tab in malwarebytes? Once you click remove, malwarebytes will remove it and then the reboot finishes the remvoal. It's all automated, you don't have to find/look for anything.

I thought Malwarebytes was just for malware and spyware, it is also for viruses ? I have MS Security Essentals, but I was looking for something lite weight that dosen't tax cpu usage and ram usage, mainly cpu usage. Is there a good anti virus program thats free and lite weight ?

I'm not trying to jack this thread, I just thought it wouldn't be proper to start a new thread just for one simple question :)

microsoft security essentials is a very good antivirus program in my estimation, i use it with malwarebyte's antimalware, and quarantine/delete whatever they find, mse doesn't hog resources, either :)

microsoft security essentials is a very good antivirus program in my estimation, i use it with malwarebyte's antimalware, and quarantine/delete whatever they find, mse doesn't hog resources, either :)

Thanks, I wasn't sure so I just though I'd get some advice. I'm using MSE now and its pretty good.

Thanks, I wasn't sure so I just though I'd get some advice. I'm using MSE now and its pretty good.

good to hear. btw i would set it to run a full scan automatically on a weekly basis, and manually update it whenever,
they come out with multiple updates on some days and I manually update on gp. good luck

The main thing is not what program you use, the main thing is THAT you use a program. All security programs are quite efficient and quite reliable. Or, do you think a Porsche is better than a Ferrari? Matter of taste, really.

Here we go to the action. You need to press "Do it", in order to get it done.

Cheers, let's keep our computers clean. :)

Back