Reoccouring BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe Minidump Attached

obogobo

Hey everybody I've searched around for a while and am having trouble with what seem like random BSODs on my laptop. I used WhoCrashed to analyze the minidumps and every one references ntoskrnl.exe. I saw this could be a memory issue so I scanned my RAM with the Microsoft tool but no issues were found.... I'm thinking this is probably a driver issue, if it helps I'm using a:

Dell Studio XPS
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Core i7
8GB of RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 5730
Samsung SSD PM800

This install of Windows is about 2 weeks old and I seem to get BSODs more often when encoding video or playing Counter Strike... but many random times as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :cool:

Attachments

TorrentG

Banned
Hey...

First I'd suggest doing a Windows update. You have a funky version of Windows 7 and this should update it to the standard. I've never seen your version before out of literally thousands or tens of thousands of crash dumps I've looked at:

"Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621"

Even Google finds nothing on that build string!

Did you perhaps install some OS patches from a non-Microsoft website?

----

Anyhow -

Code:
risdpe64 risdpe64.sys Wed Jul 01 05:31:57 2009
rimspe64 rimspe64.sys Wed Jul 01 19:54:49 2009
Those are your card reader drivers. Please update them from the manufacturer's website.

----------

Uninstall the notorious AVG in safe mode using this tool:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot to normal mode and install MSE, since that never causes any bsod under any conditions.

---------

Your real problem here is ZoneAlarm and it has caused the crash. Please uninstall to alleviate the bsod problem.

obogobo

Did you perhaps install some OS patches from a non-Microsoft website?
Umm ;) maybe haha, but just out of curiosity what did you use to analyze the minidump?

And i'll uninstall both of those, they suck on Windows 7 anyways. Thanks a lot!

TorrentG

Banned
It's not going to tell you anything new. It's only by experience that I knew to tell you that ZA was the cause, based on the 0x7f stop error. It doesn't literally say ZA was at fault.

Since you're interested though, I use WinDbg.

I use ZA Extreme on all of my machines and never have had any problems. It depends on configurations, whether or not it is going to be stable.

Very welcome.