Windows Vista repair

dtandukar

Hello,

My Vista repairs each time when i update its update, adobe update or sonic (roxio) update, and it takes 30 minutes to complete and at last it says everything is working. How do I tackle this problem? it is eating up lots of my time.

Best,
Deependra

Hi Deependra, do you know what it's repairing? In other words, which process needs to be repaired?

Here is the details of my problem:

it gives Windows Failed to start. A recent H/w or S/w change might be the cause.

Launch startup repair (recommended)
start normally

I have to chose Launch startup repair. Then it gives 'sartup repair is checking your system' and then after sometime gives the message 'Do you want to restore your computer using system restore and then i have to choose 'restore' and then new window 'if problem are found, startup repair will fix them automatically' and after several minutes gives the message 'Restart your computer to complete the repair'. when i restart again i get 'windows failed to start....' repair recommended and repair and takes about 20 minutes and gives the message 'start up repair can not repair this computer automatically'

send this info
don't send

then either one will shut down the computer and when i turn on it starts normally and works fine.

adobe update and certain windows update give me this problem. Today i downloaded Vista SP1 and tried to install, it gave me the same problem so could not install SP1.

looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best,
Deependra

Hi Deependra,
have you tried re-installing the utilities that are giving you problems? Another thing you could try is right-clicking on the utility you want to update and hit 'run as administrator' then hit the update button.

Yes, i tried as administrator last night but did not work. I want to put SP1 in my machine but not able to yet.

Best,
Deependra

Hi Deependra,

sounds like your pc doesn't want to play fair... Have you updated anything recently either hardware or software before all this started happening? Just to be on the safe side lets run through the basics and run a anti-spyware and anti-virus program please. You could also boot into 'safe-mode' (press F8 when booting pc) and see if the utilities will update then. If they do then you'll know it's something driver based thats causing the problem.

Thanks it worked in safe mode - and now it is equipped with SP1 and performance seems to be better. Hoping, all my other problems go away too with the SP1 installed.

Deependra

Back