Windows 7 repair

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Win 7 x64,i5,6GB, msie 9

I have tried 4 brands of cds to create a repair disc>Start, security,backup my computer,create repair disc.
The disc burns but after F12 for boot order, nothing appears.
I tried the os disc>repair but it says to contact the manufacturer.
I tried F8 repair which said to use the os disc with error 0xc000000e.
I ran SFC and chkdsk.
I can access my usb drive via Acronis(F12) so it appears that is working
I have read on line a lot of trouble with repair disc since Win updates.
Incidentally,I get SidebySide errors in event viewer.
I can access my usb drive and run restore points which is good but the inability to repair with either F8 or the os disc is a concern.
Obviously this all started with the inability to successfully create a repair disc.
Thank you
Peter

Some more information about your system might help. What problem are you having which is calling for a repair?

Are you making backup images with Acronis?

If this is an OEM type install, it may require specific procedures be used and not allow for normal Windows 7 procedures. Is the Recovery CD you are making a Windows 7 or OEM version?

Some more information about your system might help. What problem are you having which is calling for a repair?

Are you making backup images with Acronis?

If this is an OEM type install, it may require specific procedures be used and not allow for normal Windows 7 procedures. Is the Recovery CD you are making a Windows 7 or OEM version?

>>Apologies; Dell Inspiron, 15R, N5010, i5,6Gb, msie9, preloaded.
1-I tried to make a new repair disc because the old was damaged but was unable.
The process is simple and I have done it many times with others's pcs.
2-This led to seeing if I coud repair with both the os disc and F8 and neither worked.
3-I have an Acronis backup to Feb '11' and both recovery discs I made when I got the machine.
Because I have read in the MS forum that recovery does not solve the problem I have been reluctant to use them as this machine does at least function.
Four people in the MS Foum report they have the same problems. Most said recovery did not help.One person said he recovered with his recovery discs and went through extensive steps to avoid McAfee which came preloaded on his pc as well as mine.
4- I am not making a recovery cd -it is a Win 7 repair cd >start control panel>security>backup my computer>on the left you will see,"Create a repair disc. This is to be used in conjunction with Win 7's imaging/backup program."
5- I think you are close to the issue when you mention OEM as there appears to be a non Windows non hardware prblem but rather an internal bios issue. I base this upon reading and feedback as I am far from a tech.

Thank you for your kind attention and i hope this clarifies the issue.
Peter

Easiest way to repair pst file is using inbox repair tool which is available for free and comes with office installation. The location of PST file depends on the version of Office you are u

Back
Top Bottom