Windows 7 Requirements...

Chaoswarrior

I want to know what people think about what requirements will be for ''7''?
I personally think that it will the same or even less space on the disk because the whole kernel is going to be cut down as everyone knows.

I agree.

I think that if Microsoft us able to get the kernel of windows smaller, the entire windows system should be smaller, as well as faster. Thought in terms of graphics, I think it will be pretty hefty, because of the new interface for windows 7. We will still have to see how the beta is thought.

Well,I've been thinking about that questiooren of mine,and for now i think that the cpu requirements will be somewhere between 1 and 2 ghz,maybe dual core will be recomended,the minimum amount of RAM will be around 1 gb and the recomended will be 2 gb(at that time the first of us will start to use sistems with 8 gigs),and it will need a dx9 gpu with at least 256 MB of VRAM for the new interface...

DX9? I think more like DX10. As for the RAM, 512MB might be able to do it, if they do strip down the OS like they did with MinWin.

I don't expect MinWin to effect the system requirements for normal use. Anything being left out of MinWin still has to be part of the rest of Windows, right?

Edit: Why are you expecting Windows 7 to be so much more graphics-intensive then Vista? Did I miss something?

Well, as windows 7 is suppose to have a new "pie menu user interface", and some things like Microsoft Surface have fancy graphics, we are expecting that Windows 7 will have high graphics requirements.

Pie menu would be great...but for my opinion it might be replace the old right click menus...but maybe not all menus...and yeah hope like in Microsoft Surface feature and interface and hope we have a multi-touchscreen monitor that would be cool.... Aero glass looks will be most likely still include in Windows 7. Multiple Desktop would be nice also in carousel navigation even in new windows explorer that has live carousel view.

Chaoswarrior said:
I want to know what people think about what requirements will be for ''7''?
I personally think that it will the same or even less space on the disk because the whole kernel is going to be cut down as everyone knows.

My best estimate.

Minimum:
2.5 GHz Pentium 4 or 1.6 GHz Dual Core (Or Equivalent)
256 MB Video RAM DX9 Hardware
1 GB RAM
DVD Drive

Recommended:
3.4 GHz P4, or 2 GHz+ Dual core (Or Equivalent)
512 MB Video RAM DX10 Hardware
2 GB RAM
DVD Drive

High end:
2.4 GHz Dual Core or 2 GHz Quad Core (Or Better)
1 GB Video RAM DX10
3 GB RAM
BluRay Drive

7 2010?
If you've seen Nehalem - new Intel CPUs, some of them are going to be 4GHz +. Kyle you have some pretty good estimates.

Ahem, arn't you talking about Sandy Bridge? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge_%28microarchitecture%29 Anyway, Nathan and Sandy Bridge look pretty good, let's hope that they are as efficent as thay say.

Anyway Kyle, if the requirements are so high, people are going to have the same complaints about it as with Vista most likely.

No Nehalem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehalem_%28microarchitecture%29
http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/02/intel-shows-off-working-3-2ghz-nehalem-processors-at-idf/

The requirements will likely be that high, unless they take it backwards from Vista. If they adopt the memory treatment XP had, you might get away with less than that, but if they even keep the exact memory and cpu use ideas they have now, it'll be that.

Ahem, arn't you talking about Sandy Bridge? Intel Sandy Bridge (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Anyway, Nathan and Sandy Bridge look pretty good, let's hope that they are as efficent as thay say.

Anyway Kyle, if the requirements are so high, people are going to have the same complaints about it as with Vista most likely.

I doubt that.
Any computer on the market currently starts near the recommended spec level.
If you go to best buy (Or futureshop for Canadians) and take a look, PCs start at 2.2 GHz Dual core 2 GB RAM, 256 MB GFX Card. They have for the last 2 years, and when 7 drops, it'll be closer to 4. If you're trying to run 7 on a PC over 4 years old, you're diluted anyways.

I can understand the Vista issue, as most PCs were Single core and 1 GB of ram or less when Vista dropped, just due to the fact that it was all that was needed for XP. The transition will be much easier this time, as you're going from a power hungry OS that, quite honestly, wouldn't run on that Min. Sys. Req. I wrote for 7. Windows Vista chugs like a whore when I try and run it on my laptop, but 7 runs perfectly fine.

I'm talking REAL system requirements with my predictions, not their perfect environment requirements that they list on the Vista box. The Min Req. for Vista are basically there for someone who is running ZERO excess software, and only running notepad. lol

Back
Top Bottom