Reset Windows 7 Password?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by busydog, Jan 8, 2010.

1. busydog

busydog New Member

Has anyone found a link to a free boot disk to reset windows 7 passwords?:confused:

2. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

No free ones. I see the only way to make one from Windows 7 is to use a floppy or usb flash.
    Joe

3. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

I found this one and tested it on a virtual pc and it seemed to work here is the download link http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/07/06/pcloginnow-pc-login-now-free-download-to-reset-windows-admin-or-user-password/ This one shows how to use it PCLoginNow, How to Reset or Recover Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista Administrator Password with PCLoginNow. I don't know if there is any effect on encrypted or password protected files.
    I wonder what genius at MS decided to use floppy disk! I found a reset disk from either 7000 or 7100 but it doesn't work the wizard only allows floppy drive.
    Joe

4. busydog

busydog New Member

Thanks.... I'll give it a try.

5. linky1124

linky1124 New Member

6. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Great find linky! Thanks for posting.. :)

7. bigsam

bigsam New Member

I am in the same problem, luckily, I found the solution here, thanks

#7 bigsam, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  8. WomanBread

WomanBread New Member

To use your password reset disk to reset your password

You will not be able to follow these steps if you have locked your computer.

1. If you have typed the wrong password, you'll receive a message that says your user name or password is incorrect. When this message appears, click OK.
    2. Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions.

To use an administrator account to reset your password
    Warning: If you use an administrator account to reset the password, you will permanently lose access to any e‑mail messages or encrypted files that are on that account.

1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.
    2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
    4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
    5. Type and confirm the new password.

9. robinson

robinson New Member

The password reset disk can be created with any removable media, including CD’s and DVD’s, USB flash drives and floppy disks.Can you tell me how to reset using usb flash drive.

10. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

The last time I tried making a password reset disk in windows 7 the only choices were floppy or usb flash.
    Joe

11. lndsmth04

lndsmth04 New Member

reset windows 7 passwords

reset windows 7 passwords
    I hope this can help you.last month my sister had the same problem,and then we solved it as follow: There is a way to reset the password and it doesn't involve reformatting and reinstalling Windows. The solution is called "Windows Password Key 8.0". It is the most popular and safe solution for resetting your Windows password until now. You can search it from: Google