Windows 7 Resolution changes on dual monitor after ctrl alt delete

awilinsk

Sometimes when I hit ctrl alt delete to lock my computer the screens go black and when I hit escape, my desktop comes back but the monitors and resolution get all messed up. My primary monitor and secondary monitor will switch places, but the taskbar will remain on the same monitor. Monitor 1 has the taskbar and all the icons and is at 1280x1024 (normal). Monitor 2 will be at a resolution of 800x600 (should be same as Monitor 1) and to move the mouse from Monitor 1 to Monitor 2 I have to go off the left hand side of Monitor 1 and not the right hand side like it's supposed to be. The only way to fix this is to reboot. Once rebooted everything is normal again. Both monitors are at 1280x1024 and in the correct positions. This happens about every 10th time I hit ctrl alt delete.

I thought it was a driver or video card issue so I swapped video cards. The first card that was in there was an ATI card and when this started happening I switched to an nVidia card. I had all the updated drivers, but it still keeps happening. It is happening a little less now that I am using the nVidia card.

I have searched everywhere for this and have not come up with anything. Both of us here at work are running Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 and we both have the same issues.

Back
Top Bottom