Windows 7 Resolution problems

Antideath

Hi, i recently did a clean install of 7 ultimate (64 bit-build 7600) from vista ultimate. The problem is any resolution above 800 x 600 cuts off the sides of the screen. I have a single Geforce 9600 GT which Windows Updater kindly installed for me and a 22" Sceptre LCD with a native resolution of 1680x1050. I seem to have googled everything i can think of, read countless forums and tried numerous solutions but the problem remains.

What i have tried so far.
1.Reinstalling my gpu driver.
2.Formatting and reinstalling Windows.
3.Screwing around with the little buttons on the side of my monitor.
4.Running a linux live cd (the problem was there in linux too)

Here are some edited screen shots to convey my problem.

800x600 Link Removed due to 404 Error
1280x720 Link Removed due to 404 Error
1920x1080 Link Removed due to 404 Error

Let me know if i left anything out.

Last edited:
Hi, i recently did a clean install of 7 ultimate (64 bit-build 7600) from vista ultimate. The problem is any resolution above 800 x 600 cuts off the sides of the screen. I have a single Geforce 9600 GT which Windows Updater kindly installed for me and a 22" Sceptre LCD with a native resolution of 1920x1080. I seem to have googled everything i can think of, read countless forums and tried numerous solutions but the problem remains.

What i have tried so far.
1.Reinstalling my gpu driver.
2.Formatting and reinstalling Windows.
3.Screwing around with the little buttons on the side of my monitor.
4.Running a linux live cd (the problem was there in linux too)

Here are some edited screen shots to convey my problem.

800x600 Link Removed due to 404 Error
1280x720 Link Removed due to 404 Error
1920x1080 Link Removed due to 404 Error

Let me know if i left anything out.

I've seen this on my old crt's before, in the menu for the monitor is there a vertical & horizontal re-size option?
In the Nvidia control panel same thing is there a vertical & horizontal re-size option?

Its almost like taking your two hands, palms facing each other & bringing them closer together.

I've seen this on my old crt's before, in the menu for the monitor is there a vertical & horizontal re-size option?
In the Nvidia control panel same thing is there a vertical & horizontal re-size option?

Its almost like taking your two hands, palms facing each other & bringing them closer together.

Unfortunately there is no such option in the Nvidia control panel nor on my monitor. The closest thing would be the auto re-size but that hasn't been fixing the problem. I can also pan the screen to the left or right a couple cm.

I've owned my computer and monitor for a little less than a year now and i have never had any problems until i installed windows 7. I want to say maybe its windows generic PnP driver that's causing incompatibility problems but isn't it more or less the same driver as vista?

Edit: I lied. My native resolution is in fact 1680x1050 but both my nvidia control panel and windows is telling me it is 1920x1080.

Last edited:
Back