Windows 7 Resolution problems

i had that problem too with cs but fixed now.

you can fix that in nvidia control panel > adjust desktop size > use nvidia scaling.

it is related to screen scaling.

hope that helps.

What driver version are you using? Because I can't find that option in my actual drivers. I'm using latest version, which is: 191.07 WHQL

I know those are the latests drivers, but the other guy solved his problem changing a config in the nvidia cpanel, i don't have the options he has. So i was wondering what driver version was he using, so I install it here.

LG FLATRON W1941S 19", why? I don't think it's my monitor's problem, because with Vista everything worked fine.

i know c.s can fix already , go option , video , display mode , set as widescreen , if still have a bit black side bar , go resolution to set it .

Might it be flatron w1941s rather than FLATRON W1941S

I don't know what you mean :/

i know c.s can fix already , go option , video , display mode , set as widescreen , if still have a bit black side bar , go resolution to set it .

I know, first thing I did was play with widescreen mode, but I don't like it (everything is so different), that's why i want to fix this :/

CS mean counterstrike game , only for some cs user that widescreen wont fill up . that y i write this option , for screen problem all those , mayb Microsoft will out Sp1 for win 7 or the driver .

my desktop display is fine but the resolution is higher , my cs game also got a problem by resolution as i mention b4 that solution just for temporarily then my sound system also got problem .

is a same neither use old or new driver is still the same , the problem is window 7 . mayb nvidia can fix the driver problem or Microsoft of window 7 driver.

Have you run and and checked the diagnostics reports listed in the link in my tagline?

I am using 191.07 whql drivers.

i have attach the screenshot on control panel for you. there is a option of scaling.

you can play with scaling , i guess every monitor will have different scaling maybe.
also When u try and select "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio" and click apply, it doesn't stick. It reverts back to "Use my display's built in scaling" but in really it does change. i think its a bug in that panel or windows 7.

Last edited:
Back