Windows 7 resolution problems

Herman

I have a Benq e2200 hd monitor running on a geeforce 8600 gt card.. it is conected with a dvi to vga adapter. My problem is that windows 7 seems to think i have a 4:3 monitor, because I can only choose from 4:3 resolutions. The highest resolution I can choose is the 1600 * 1200, when the highest for my screen is 1920 * 1080. Is there a solution to this problem ?

I am running the driver that automaticly comes with windows update, I think thats the beta. I have the 64bit version of Windows.

Have you tried going to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution and checking if you can set the resolution higher there. If it doesn't show you your 1920 x1080, go into the advanced properties, click on the monitor tab and uncheck the the box which hides resolutions that the monitor cannot display - it might then allow you to go higher. Failing that, then you might have to wait for a later driver.

I have a Benq e2200 hd monitor running on a geeforce 8600 gt card.. it is conected with a dvi to vga adapter. My problem is that windows 7 seems to think i have a 4:3 monitor, because I can only choose from 4:3 resolutions. The highest resolution I can choose is the 1600 * 1200, when the highest for my screen is 1920 * 1080. Is there a solution to this problem ?
Have you already tried to Install the BenQ Monitor driver (VISTA) for BenQ e2200 HD Monitor in this PC and then see if you could get maximum resolution?

I dont think it exists a driver for this monitor. cant find it anywhere on the internet.

I dont think it exists a driver for this monitor. cant find it anywhere on the internet.
I am aware that the BenQ Download site has a misleading link that goes only to a PDF file! But I guess they have an FTP server from which you can download drivers. I have to look for the URL and if and when I find , I will post it to the Forum to this thread. In the mean time, you may seek their tech support for help and the guys there might give you the site address for download. Good luck.

Just located the webaddress for the driver:

ftp://211.78.86.210/monitor/lcd/drivers/e2200hd/lcd_monitor_dr_e2200hd_20080811_152551_e2200hd1.zip

Last edited:
thx a lot. Will test it when I get home. Will tell you if it works. I actually called Benq support and they said there were no drivers.

It worked. No more stretched images :D thx.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom