Windows 8 Resolution

davidhk129

I keep getting the following message whenever I open an app ( such as Mail ).......
Image%203.png

I could change it to 1024x768 and it worked.
But if I exited from the app and then came back later, same error message reappeared, and I had to change resolution again.
Is there anyway I can make the change stick ?

Is the OS 8 or 8.1 you are using? If 8.1, did you go with the upgrade route or a clean install? What it sounds like to me is you got a corrupt install.

Did you burn the ISO to a disk and boot from disc? Or did you use the USB method, seems lot of the USB installs are buggy. Sometimes the download can be/get corrupted or burned at a speed that was to fast. It happened to me with the Windows 8 preview..I redownloaded the ISO made a new bootable disc, reinstalled and that time I was good to go.

Since 8.1 RTM is comming at the end of the month....that's going to be a hard call to make. Do I re-download the ISO and go through all that or just wait for 8.1 RTM and clean install then.

If this was my machine, I would re-download the ISO and burn it, and clean install to make sure I was error free.

Well, after reinstalling .....
1. resolution issue no more..... great.
2. sign in issue is iffy.
First I was able to sign in (with Win 8.1 ) but unable to reply.
Then I refreshed and was not even able to sign in at all.
Then I opened this thread, and tried to sign in. HEY! I got in.

Next, I am going to sign out and then try to sign back in.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Very strange.
I signed out, and then tried to sign back in. No go.
I opened this thread, and I was able to sign in.

I give up.
Either this forum is possessed, or I am.
ha ha ha ha.

If logging in is the only issue that you're having with ie11, you can always drag'n'drop the logon link into the address bar and load it from there. Another option; you can right click on the login/signup link and select open, copy link location , or open in new tab.

I'm stumped....sitting here scratching my head, thinking WTF is going on. I'm betting it's something simple as well.

I had had a lot of issues installing this win 8.1 preview.
I had viruses, 33 of them. Malwarebytes took care of that. That stupid Windows Defender must be out for lunch.
Then, resolution issue, which was rectified.
Then, I lost the Sleep option, which was rectified.
Then, System Restore could not finished, stating that there was an anti-virus interfering. I have yet to try that again.
Then, this sign in issue which is partially fixed.

I don't think I will open my wallet for the Win 8.1 Release.

Just did a system restore, using the most reliable restore point.
Here is the error message.
Image%201%201.png

Holy crap....yours is one of the worst case's I've seen. On the bright side....8.1 will be free to those who have windows 8 all ready.

Question: Have you checked for a mobo chipset update and a BIOS update? If not, I would update the chipset and update/flash the BIOS. Freaking hell, it can't hurt...

Back
Top Bottom