Windows 7 restart problems

Crackhour

my laptop doesn't restart when i try. it freezes to a black screen. any possible solutions. all drivers are updated. I have a Gateway p-7805u fx

Do you have anything you can unplug for the system?

Can you boot into Safe Mode after a restart?

Has it always done this?

what happens is this. if i need to restart for any reason it'll do so halfway. then i am forced to shut down by pushing the power button. this doesn't happen all the time but most of the time. and it started when i upgraded to windows 7 premium from vista premium.

I sort of understood the problem, just wanted to know the other answers. If you can hit F8 and get into Safe Mode during the boot, you might be able to determine if it is a driver causing the problem.

When you just restart, all of the memory is not cleaned out, so something left may be causing the problem, or a driver. If you do a cold boot instead of a restart, does it boot normally?

I sort of understood the problem, just wanted to know the other answers. If you can hit F8 and get into Safe Mode during the boot, you might be able to determine if it is a driver causing the problem.

When you just restart, all of the memory is not cleaned out, so something left may be causing the problem, or a driver. If you do a cold boot instead of a restart, does it boot normally?[after a cold boot it starts normally]

How about checking your Event Viewer to see if any errors or warnings show up consistently.

You stated you performed an Upgrade from Vista Home Premium.
That in itself is most likely the entire problem.
If Saltgrass and Captain Jack can't help you, perform a clean install, problem solved.

I went to performance information and tools: NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver, version 186.81 is causing windows to resume slowly. Im not a computer whiz but when i did a driver check, all drivers were up to date. what i do now?

Back