Windows 7 Restore a Windows Back up File Question

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am not sure if this is the correct place for this but here it is anyway. Using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore feature I made a back up of my Documnets folder and my Desktop (the only two things on my computer I care about). I did not check off the option "Include a system image of Drives: ---". After the backup comleted I clicked on the JOSH-PC (backup file) the window saying "Choose an option below for the selected backup" came up. Pkease see image below for reference.

If I click "Restore my files from this backup" will it automatically overwrite my current Desktop and Documents folder with what is in the back up or will I have a choice as to where on my computer these files are restored to?

Thanks for any help.

seven_backup..jpg
pencil.png

Attachments

• seven_backup..jpg
    seven_backup..jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 602
If I click \\"Restore my files from this backup\\" will it automatically overwrite my current Desktop and Documents folder with what is in the back up or will I have a choice as to where on my computer these files are restored to?

It depends on where you choose to restore them, in the original location or in the following location.

1. Restore Files from Backup
managemenu.png

2. Restore files from backup option, then browse your backup for files and folders to restore
rest.png

3. You can restore them back to the original location or choose a different spot

4. Restore files either:

- in the original location
- or to a specified folder
location.png

How To Use Backup and Restore in Windows 7 - the How-To Geek

Back