Windows 10 reverse ssh

LT72884

A while back i posted about my ssh server not working. After trying protocol obfuscation, all sorts of port forwardings, and disabling all my firewalls, i found out from my ISP, that they do indeed block SSH at the service/protocol lvl on their edge routers. so this leads me to the following. I have had to get a EC2 ubuntu VPS via amazon... free tier only.

I am running bitvise ssh server on my windows 10 machine at home, behind the nasty firewall. I am wanting to somehow use the vps as a relay only to basically forward any ssh connections to the VPS, to go to my home windows server. IE, if i were at a public library, school or friends house, even work, i would use bitvise client or whatever to ssh to my VPS, which in turns just relays it to my server at home SINCE it all ready has an established connection to the VPS, thus allowing me to connect, and upload or dowload my documents:)

That is my idea and i HAVE NO IDEA how to accomplish it haha. I need to use bitvise client because i liek their GUI AND it runs on a USB. the best option would be to use SFTP netdrive software but they have informed me that they do not yet support reverse ssh. or port forwards.

Thanks for reading this post and helping me out. I really need it. Here is a pic of what my new network is like.

Attachments

• my new home network.PNG
    my new home network.PNG
    56.5 KB · Views: 187
Well there's no way to bypass your isp
there is. Thats what the VPS is for and the reverse ssh:)

my home server will make a connection to the vps server, via ssh. then reverse ssh will push the ssh tunnel back through the connection all ready made. that way any pc outside of my LAN can connect to my home server BUT it has to be done through the vps.

but the only way it will work is if i make a connection to the vps first with my home server because the firewall allows me to make full ssh connections to servers OUTSIDE my house. My isp just wont let any initial connections for ssh IN, but it will allow all ready established ones.

when done from a linux home pc to the vps, this is how it is done, but i dont have a linux home machine and dont want one haha

ssh -R 2210:localhost:22 bserver.outside.com
ssh -p 2210 localhost
ssh -p 2210 bserver.outside.com
netstat -ntl
vim /etc/ssh/sshd_config
GatewayPorts clientspecified
/etc/init.d/ssh restart

now we ssh from any outside pc using:
ssh -R 89.xxx.xx.4:2210:localhost:22 bserver.outside.com

the above does indeed work with my ISP, but now im just translating it to windows.

I have that setup between my laptop and home pc with no issue. However, i dont always take my laptop to the library, work, school, or firends houses. So when im using a public pc or someone elses, i can use a usb client such as winscp to transfer files.

if i did go the open vpn route, i would have to install it on the pc im using each time, which i cant guarantee, and then use ssh over it. unless you can have openvpn on a usb stick?

thanks for the ideas

this helped alot and im posting here to help others out.

Back