Windows 7 Reverting "permanently get access to this folder"

chrisjj

In one admin account I clicked another admin's folder in c:\Users, and accidentally
Continued "Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder."

Yes I know it said 'permanently'... :) but can I revert this change?

I'd though I could go to the root folder of that user's profile and remove my
from the Properties Security, but my name (Chris) is absent:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

And if I try the same on a standard account (from the same admin Chris), that
remedy is available, but gives a raft of Access Denied errors:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

First, you should not have 2 admin accounts unless security is not an issue for you. But since you are talking about restrictions to one of the accounts, then make it a user account with restrictions and not an admin account. The whole reason it's called "Admin" means that he can do what he wants. If you need some level of restriction for an admin account you can read this article:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

About your question specifically, I didn't fully understand where the problem stands. Is there a folder that you want to restrict access to on an Admin account?

About your question specifically, I didn't fully understand where the problem stands. Is there a folder that you want to restrict access to on an Admin account?

I simply want to revert the effect of a click on a Continue on a "Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder." dialog, so that this user no longer has direct access to that folder.

> Here's how to restrict a user to folders:

Thanks, but I don't want to add a Deny. I want to revert the effect of a click on a Continue on a "Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder." dialog.

There is no "Revert permanent access" option in Windows so in any case, it will have to be a manual action on your part.
So either do a system restore to before you did that or set the permissions you want for him like I posted in my previous post.

The only way his access would have been limited in the first place would be with a deny, so denying would be like a revert.

> There is no "Revert permanent access" option in Windows so in any case, it will have to be a manual action on your part.

I wasn't hoping for anything better than manual.

> So either do a system restore to before you did that

OK, thanks.

You can also delete the user and create a new one for him so all his permissions will go back to default.

Back
Top Bottom