Windows 7 Revo

seekermeister

Honorable Member
I'm curious why Revo shows 8 less program installations, than Programs And Features does on my computer. Among the missing are all 3 O&O programs I have installed (Defrag, DriveLED & Disk Recovery). Why does Revo not list all of the software in Programs And Feature?

That may be the reason I'm looking for, or at least part of it. In addition to the O&O programs mentioned, others are Simidude, Asus Xonar D2X audio driver, Bulk Rename Utility, CCleaner, CoreTemp, Edit Pad Lite, Gimp 2.8.6, nVidia Graphics Driver, Paint.net, Registrar Registry Manager and UltraMon, which totals 14 missing programs, rather than 9 as I previously stated. I guess the difference is because Revo shows some listings that Programs And Features doesn't. Not sure about any of those, Except Active State Python, which is the only one specifically marked as 64 bit. Which hadn't I included in the list, would make it 15 missing programs. Not sure, but I doubt that all of those are 64 bit though.

Last edited:
Most if not all of the software titles you have listed is bit specific, based on the OS bit type your running. Although there are a few that are just 32 bit. I would check into that, very interesting.

As suggested, I took a look at the download pages of each of those programs, and they all appear to be x64...without exception as far as I can see. However the wording used on some makes it less obvious than on others. I now believe the x64 factor is the answer to my original question. Thanks.

EDIT: The curious thing is that I thought I had more x64 programs than that.

Last edited:
I think some of those programs marked 64 bit are actually 32 bit programs and 64 bit just has drivers for 64 bit.
Joe

So Revo couldn't necessarily tell the difference between a true x64 program, and one with just x64 drivers? This may be a reason to consider upgrading to the paid version, but I doubt that I will, unless some future problem makes it necessary.

Back
Top Bottom