Riddiculous sound problem on Toshiba M100

Hi folks,

I've just installed Win 7 on my Toshiba M100. After installation, the sound driver (Realtek HD Audio) is automatically detected and it works in a very riddiculous way:

- In the Sound Setting --> Playback tab --> There're TWO speakers, both are High definition audio device and look exactly the same. If I set the first speaker as default, then I can hear sound from the laptop's speakers but when I plugin my headphone, I can not hear anything !!! If I set the second speaker as default, then the laptop's speakers doesn't work, but when I plugin my headphone, I can hear sound from my headphone !!!!

This is very riddiculous and annoying, having to switch default sound device everytime I plugin or take out the headphone is almost absurd !

Does anyone know how to solve this ?

P/S: I tried install the vista sound driver from Toshiba web site to see if I can "merge" these 2 speaker devices into one, but still the same. Trying to disable one also doesn't help.

-

Don't be panic. If you install or upgrade to Windows Vista/7, just upgrade BIOS to 5.xx (in Toshiba support page).
And then download and upgrade more recent version of sound driver from Realtek's download page (2.55) I guess..
If you want install DVD-RAM driver, more XP version softwares for Windows Vista/7 under Toshiba Satellite M-100 and more models, just download any XP softwares from Toshiba support page, after extracted files to root directory and right-click to "setup.exe" file and choose XP SP3 compatibility and click Ok. So then run each application. Good luck. Ginseng

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.