Windows 7 Right Click Menu customization

D-11

Hi, D-11 again with my annoying questions ;) So... Is the Right Click menu open for customization? Like removing commands you don't want/need? Because always when I save pics to my HDD I click on Send Image... instead of Save As...

reghakr

Essential Member
Yes, hang on............

ShellExView v1.45

Description

Shell Extensions are in-process COM objects which extends the abilities of Windows operating system. Most shell extensions are automatically installed by the operating system, but there are also many other applications that install additional shell extension components. For example: If you install WinZip on your computer, you'll see a special WinZip menu when you right-click on a Zip file. This menu is created by adding a shell extension to the system.

The ShellExView utility displays the details of shell extensions installed on your computer, and allows you to easily disable and enable each shell extension.
ShellExView can be used for solving context-menu problems in Explorer environment. For more information, read the following article: Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

D-11

Sweet! So... How do I find what I'm looking for? There's like... A thousand entry's

Edit: Okay, so it's more like a hundred but still.

Last edited:

reghakr

Essential Member
Maximize it.

D-11

Huh? If you mean run it in full screen, I am. I just have no clue what to look for. I've tried Send Link, Right Click menu, Image, Pic...

reghakr

Essential Member
Look for context menu entries

D-11

D'oh! Okay. Found a bunch. Now what?

Edit: Ain't finding anything about what I'm looking for. Nothing about images nor Firefox.

Last edited:

reghakr

Essential Member
Right-click on each one and you'll see the options.

D-11

I'm stumped as to what I have to do. I know the options and stuff but to disable something I have to find an entry right? Well I'm not finding any entry even remotely attached to what I want gone

reghakr

Essential Member
Click on the Type column and look over all the context menu entries.

Right-click on one that you want to remove and choose Disable Selected item.

D-11

Yes I know but which one of them is it? BTW I don't want to disable the whole menu, just limit the selections

reghakr

Essential Member
That's why you only choose one item at a time.

D-11

So I disabled the entries that didn't pop a warning one by one. Nothing changed at all.

reghakr

Essential Member
So I disabled the entries that didn't pop a warning
What do you mean by that?

Was some context menu giving you a warning?

reghakr

Essential Member
Could you post a screen shot.

reghakr

Essential Member
I didn't get an error at all.

Was this an upgrade or a :clean" install?

D-11

"Clean" Install. I kept my files and replaced my OS

reghakr

Essential Member
Did you try an other and were they successful, or do you get the same error message

D-11

Haven't tried any other programs since I don't really know what to look for. (Program wise)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.