Windows 7 Right cllicking on a volume for search

rfyr

Extraordinary Member
Hello: Windows 7 for some strange reason doesn't have the ability to right click on a volume, folder, etc-amazing. I have been able to regain the search function for folders to right click but it doesn't work on right clicking a volume (hard drive) for some reason. I have always used this feature in WinXP. It is useful when you know something is in a particular volume, particularly unindexed volumes such as external hard drives. Is there a way to regain this? I just don't understand why certain features aren't just left there. thank you

Hello: Windows 7 for some strange reason doesn't have the ability to right click on a volume, folder, etc-amazing. I have been able to regain the search function for folders to right click but it doesn't work on right clicking a volume (hard drive) for some reason. I have always used this feature in WinXP. It is useful when you know something is in a particular volume, particularly unindexed volumes such as external hard drives. Is there a way to regain this? I just don't understand why certain features aren't just left there. thank you

Huh? Right click works perfectly.

If you want to search something, go to the highest level folder you're interested in, or Computer for all of your drives, then search in the top right box.

I see. You don't actually right click but you just go into whatever drive or folder you want to search in by typing in the top right box. I did notice that some advanced options are left out like looking for a particular type of file, unless I not looking right. Sometimes you may forget what the name was.

Back