Windows 7 Rivetuner 2.2.4

Yes I have and surprise no video card reported. I am perplexed as to what the issue might really be? Unless maybe it's not being completely uninstalled, would that be possible?

I remember that when I used it I used to delete the registry key and that usually cured things.. Look for a key called 'Unwinder' and delete itm making sure you've un-installed rivatuner first of course..
You'll probably find it in the software section of current user..

Edit: Firstly...I'd try re-installing your graphics drivers though..

Answer to this puppy is as follows. Find a video driver that Rivatuner is happy in running. Otherwise it might not show up when Rivatuner loads up.

Thats very true as some are not supported especially if the driver is very new...

Actually out of curiousity has he stopped development at this point as there has been nothing for what seems like ages? I know like Speedfan which is now being developed for certain people who have a or certain types of raid supported hardware for the most part. Or are the newer drivers shall we say speed enhanced and leaving no reall need for Rivatuner?

I am very unexperienced with the riva tuner. I tried it in the past on my old hardware and found many of its settings of little practical help. I know what riva tuner is capable of:

Rivatuner FAQ

I know both NVIDIA and ATI offer whole lots of settings to balance out performance/quality, including the mipmaps and overclocking. Can anyone tell me of some good practices with the riva tuner, of its advantages ?

I am very unexperienced with the riva tuner. I tried it in the past on my old hardware and found many of its settings of little practical help. I know what riva tuner is capable of:

Rivatuner FAQ

I know both NVIDIA and ATI offer whole lots of settings to balance out performance/quality, including the mipmaps and overclocking. Can anyone tell me of some good practices with the riva tuner, of its advantages ?

One that I find very intriguing besides unlocking pipelines and overclocking is, in everest ultimate edition you may enable "external applications enable" for riva tuner statistics server to receive readings and display them on games. 2 screenshot's below.

Last edited:
response was more towards on screen gaming sensor display, which is very informative & useful if your a gamer. not really towards pipelines which is common sense for rivatuner like overclocking.

Oh, I put it as a by-the-way info in case someone less informed would be interested. Mentioning both the pipelines and the on screen gaming sensor display were a good reply to my question. :)

Last edited:
Your judgment and replies are all very good, I'm unexperienced with the riva tuner like I said. So, I kind of study on the go in this thread. You and other users do not hesitate to add more on any aspect. :)

I used to find it very handy when I last had an Nvidia card. I used it overclock, set the fan speed and moniter the temps...
As you both know, it can do a hell of a lot more but you really have to know what your doing as you can easily get into a mess.
Luckily guides such as this one: RivaTuner generic guide - Guru3D.com Forums are around to help.

More guides and a discussion forum can be found here:

Find Rivatuner guides here - Guru3D.com Forums

Kemical, is overclocking with Riva tuner any better than overclocking with Nvidia System Tools or ATI Catalyst ?

To be honest Cybercore I've never used system tools but yes it's a little similar to the CCC sliding bar stylee.. I never really delved into the other stuff it can do as it always seemed to mess with something else (I really should read up more)
I found that for monitoring temps and setting fan speeds it was easy to use, oh as well as the overclocking of course....

Yeah, Riva is an alternative to Nvidia/CCC overclocking and temperature monitoring, and Riva also offers lots of settings not present on standard video driver control panel. To be adjusted wisely and very carefully !

Back