Robber chased off with bottle of Flash cleaning fluid

cybercore

A plucky pair of pensioners fended off a knifeman trying to rob them, armed with just a bottle of Flash cleaning fluid.

800443518_14009288-599x362-1299248843690_304x185_inline.jpg

June Cawkill and Norma Doherty were working at the Millgate Service Station when a man threatened them with a knife and demanded the money from the till.

However, the feisty duo fought back, with grandmother-of-two June trying to scare him by brandishing a pair of scissors and Norma chasing him out of the shop with some cleaning fluid.

Speaking to the York Press, she said: 'I'd been cleaning the shelves so I had the Flash with me.

'I wasn't really thinking what I was doing, but I hit him a few times with the bottle and he ran out the shop.

'It was all very amateurish. I don't think he had given it much thought.'

Norma added that they had been angry rather than frightened when the thug first came into the shop.

North Yorkshire Police are encouraging anyone with any information about the incident to come forward, as no one has yet been arrested.

A number of 'supergrans' have been hitting the headlines recently thanks to their gutsy escapades.

Last month, 71-year-old Ann Timson rose to fame after thwarting a gang of robbers by hitting them with her handbag.

More Robber chased off with bottle of Flash cleaning fluid

Back