Router crashes when accessing shared files

I am having trouble accessing shared files on my home network from Windows 7. I am currently running the Windows 7 64-bit RC, but i have had the same problem on earlier 32-bit beta versions.

Windows 7 is installed on a desktop computer that is wired to a Belkin wireless G router. I have a laptop running Windows XP that is connected via wireless to the network.

The problem is, whenever I try to access shared files, folders, computers, or even click on the network icon from Windows 7, the home network crashes. A minute after trying to access network files from windows 7 I get "limited connectivity" and all networked computers loose internet access as well as access to the home network. In order to "fix" the network I have to shutdown the Windows 7 PC, unplug the router, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Again, this only happens when I try to access the home network. I am able to browse the internet, download files, etc, in Windows 7 with no problem until I try to access shared files/computers.

I know the problem has nothing to do with the desktop PC's hardware because I am able to access shared files with no problem from a dual-boot ubuntu installation. I have also tried "unchecking" IPv.6 from the network adapter settings in Windows 7.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.