Windows 7 Router IPv4 Advertising and Solicitacion error.

gmartins9

Well recently I think I have found the cause of my errors.
It seems that it's something called "[SIZE=+2]ICMPv4 Router Advertisement and Router Solicitation Messages"

I am 80% sure that this is the cause of all my router conflicts errors.

I wanted to know if anyone could explain this to me as websites I found about this topic, are very confusing and I couldnt understand a thing out of them.
Another thing is I would like to know how can I fix this ( if that's possible) or maybe correct it so it stops getting in conflict with some of the software.

Thanks.
[/SIZE]

Hi.

Your router, as do all routers, sends messages across the network which basically amounts to:

"Hello mac address. Are you still there, up and running? Oh you are? Good then, I will keep you connected in my tables and route traffic to you that needs to go there etc..."

The mac address is the physical address of the adapter on your computer.

----------

Now we can forget about that.

What issue(s) are you having?

Hi.
Your router, as do all routers, sends messages across the network which basically amounts to:
"Hello mac address. Are you still there, up and running? Oh you are? Good then, I will keep you connected in my tables and route traffic to you that needs to go there etc..."
The mac address is the physical address of the adapter on your computer.

This is ARP, somehow different from icmp. Icmp router advertisements are multicast probes (dest IP 224.x.x.x) to indicate its interface's IP address. These probes are common and can be seen by sniffing the link very easily.
Arp is used to map IP addresses to MACs, and is usually used before sending a packet, in order to send it to the correct host. There exist unsollicited ARP responses in some cases ("gratuitous" ARPs) or during ARP spoofing attacks.

Apart from that, I cannot see any problem here. I probably missed the point.

Hth.

OK I have found something else.
I have tryed only playing the game with my router firewall off and I didnt get the error, on the other hand I had these periodical crashes with the error message saying " The Game Server connection has been terminated."

Somehow my firewall changes the way my error comes o_O

Now I think I just need to know how to fix these periodical crashes.

Could any1 help me on that?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom