Windows 10 Router name

Chucktin

A power surge knocked out our ASUS router so I replaced it with a LinkSys. It's been working fine, no complaints, except that my Win 10 desktop still displays the network connection (wired) with the ASUS router name.
I would like to change it to remind me that it's a new router.
Firstly, should I? Will that cause any complications I'm not considering?
Secondly what's the best way to accomplish this?
TIA, cvt

Not sure if this is the "best way".
Open a Command Prompt as administrator and run the following commands:
Code:
netsh lan show profiles

- press Enter to obtain all wired network profiles and then:
Code:
netsh lan delete profile name="WiredProfileName"

For Wireless profiles:
Code:
netsh wlan show profiles
and
Code:
netsh wlan delete profile name="WirelessProfileName"

no the name doesn't matter at all
Screenshot (3100).png

there are four things that make up a network tag, in [top to bottom] order these are;
  1. the network name// Ethernet and WiFi in my screengrab... they are set by the computer system and only for humans to look at
  2. the broadcast name// nibbit 2.4GHz or Not connected... these don't really matter much but some auto-scripts will use them to search for the right network and they are set at the router level not your computer
  3. the network discription// Mediatek these are normally the name of the product or company which made the card but its not used beyond that and yes you can change it
  4. the Mac address// not shown in my screengrab// its set my the network card and what is used by your computer to make the network, work... in the old days Mac address would never change and never have the same one twice but V-systems changed that rule

Back