Windows 7 Router Problems

YMJ101

Hi, I'm new to computers so please keep your answers simple and step-to-step if possible. I have a new router that when I plug it up to my computer, it says,"Unidentified Network, No Internet Access". However, I can still get online with my iPod. Any Suggestions?

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Some more information would be helpful.
You say you have a new router. What is the Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number, Revision Number for the firmware it is running?
What else is present on your network? Do you have an additional device provided by your ISP? Who is your Internet Service Provider?
Do you have any other network appliances (another router that is connected to the same network)?
How are you attempting to connect your computer to this router (wired or wireless)?
Regards
Randy

Hi Randy,
It is a Netgear N300 WNR2000 v3.
The only thing present is my desktop. No, I do not have any additional services from my ISP. No, I do not have any other network appliances. I am attempting to connect to it with a wired connection. Thanks in advance.

Hi Randy,
It is a Netgear N300 WNR2000 v3.
The only thing present is my desktop. No, I do not have any additional services from my ISP. No, I do not have any other network appliances. I am attempting to connect to it with a wired connection. Thanks in advance.
Wasn't asking about additional services, was asking if you had a device provided by your ISP (who is it) that most people call a modem, which I will assume you do as this doesn't look like a product that would work without one.
Open a command prompt and type
ipconfig /all > desktop\ipconfig.txt
That will place a file on your desktop called ipconfig.txt. Attach that to your next post, by clicking reply, then go advanced and use the paperclip icon to add file, browse and upload.
Additionally
type
ncpa.cpl
into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
select then right click on your network adapter (usually local area connection) and choose properties
in the properties dialog box uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6
the select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the properties button underneath it.
Make sure both radio buttons in both frames of the resultant dialog box are set to "Obtain.................. automatically"
OK your way back out of there and type
services.msc
scroll and confirm that both
DHCP Client and DNS Client services are both started, running and the startup type is set to automatic. (just double click them to examine the startup type.)

Hi. I have problem with "no internet access" and "no internet network" I try something what i found on internet bu nothig. Can someone help my please?????

Wasn't asking about additional services, was asking if you had a device provided by your ISP (who is it) that most people call a modem, which I will assume you do as this doesn't look like a product that would work without one.
Open a command prompt and type
ipconfig /all > desktop\ipconfig.txt
That will place a file on your desktop called ipconfig.txt. Attach that to your next post, by clicking reply, then go advanced and use the paperclip icon to add file, browse and upload.
Additionally
type
ncpa.cpl
select then right click on your network adapter (usually local area connection) and choose properties
in the properties dialog box uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6
the select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the properties button underneath it.
Make sure both radio buttons in both frames of the resultant dialog box are set to "Obtain.................. automatically"
OK your way back out of there and type
services.msc
scroll and confirm that both
DHCP Client and DNS Client services are both started, running and the startup type is set to automatic. (just double click them to examine the startup type.)
Sorry, I can't seem to find the document. :( . I did everything you told me to do in the second part though.

Back