Windows 7 RPC Virus detected in Action Center

gfolkins

Tonight, after unplugging my mouse from the USB port and while re-positioning my laptop, I noticed some pop-ups that suggested I get a higher performance power adapter (my laptop was plugged in and 100% charged). The popup appeared and disappeared 5-6 times, then I noticed the flag in the taskbar for the Action Center was doing something, so I opened it, and it said that Windows has detected RPC Virus, and that it caused my computer to stop working properly 1 time on Jan. 17, 2010.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials, and always have it up to date, and since Jan. 17th, I have run full system scans and it has always come up clean. I also use Trend Micro's R U Botted, and it says that no bots have been detected on my computer.

My computer's performance has not been affected in any way whatsoever. I purchased this laptop approx. 9 months ago, and to this day, it still runs like a brand new system; it runs as if I bought it yesterday.

Because I have apparently had this for almost 2 months without Microsoft Security Essentials picking up on it, I will assume that is the wrong program for removing this virus.

So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what program I can use to remove this virus, or can give me more information about what this virus is. At the time the popups wanting me to get a better power adapter appeared, my computer was actually sitting idle.

Thank you.

Tonight, after unplugging my mouse from the USB port and while re-positioning my laptop, I noticed some pop-ups that suggested I get a higher performance power adapter (my laptop was plugged in and 100% charged). The popup appeared and disappeared 5-6 times, then I noticed the flag in the taskbar for the Action Center was doing something, so I opened it, and it said that Windows has detected RPC Virus, and that it caused my computer to stop working properly 1 time on Jan. 17, 2010.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials, and always have it up to date, and since Jan. 17th, I have run full system scans and it has always come up clean. I also use Trend Micro's R U Botted, and it says that no bots have been detected on my computer.

My computer's performance has not been affected in any way whatsoever. I purchased this laptop approx. 9 months ago, and to this day, it still runs like a brand new system; it runs as if I bought it yesterday.

Because I have apparently had this for almost 2 months without Microsoft Security Essentials picking up on it, I will assume that is the wrong program for removing this virus.

So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what program I can use to remove this virus, or can give me more information about what this virus is. At the time the popups wanting me to get a better power adapter appeared, my computer was actually sitting idle.

Thank you.

Try Spybot Search and Destroy

Download Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6.2 - FileHippo.com

It scans for hundreds of thousands of malware programs.

Back
Top Bottom