RTM Confirmed

loathe

Its done, officially confirmed by Ballmer.

I am pleased to announce that Windows 7 has RTM’d!

As I mentioned previously, RTM officially happens only after sign-off occurs. What happens is a build gets designated as a RTM contender after going through significant testing and meeting our quality bar for RTM. Then, it goes though all the validation checks required for RTM including having all languages of that build completed. If all the validation checks have passed – sign-off for RTM can occur. Today after all the validation checks were met, we signed off and declared build 7600 as RTM.

Not only is RTM an important milestone for us – it’s also an important milestone for our partners. Today’s release is the result of hard work and collaboration with our partners in the industry to make Windows 7 a success. We delivered Windows 7 with a predictable feature set on a predictable timetable that allowed OEMs to focus on value and differentiation for their customers.

Our customers told us what they want (and expect) and we defined those specific experiences and then built features to support them (like HomeGroup and the Windows Taskbar enhancements). Our customers also told us that “fundamentals” on both the hardware and software side was extremely important. Windows 7 today runs great on the broadest array of hardware types ranging from netbooks to high-end gaming machines. We worked closely with OEMs so that their PCs delight customers with the new features in Windows 7.

Of course, today’s release is also the result of the amazing amount of feedback we received from the millions of people who tested Windows 7 – from Beta to RC. We actually had over 10 million people opt-in to the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP). That’s a lot of people opting in to help us make Windows 7 a solid release. Through CEIP, our engineers were guided by customer feedback all the way to RTM. We also have had a great group of beta testers who have dedicated a great deal of their time to testing Windows 7 too. A special thank you goes out to all the people who helped test Windows 7.

I’d also like to give a shout-out to my friends over on the Windows Server Team. Today they are also announcing that Windows Server 2008 R2 has RTM’d. Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 together can help businesses cut costs and increase productivity. Click here to read their blog post on Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM.

The RTM code will be delivered to our partners within the next few days who will then start preparing to deliver some amazing new products timed to hit at General Availability (GA) of Windows 7 on October 22nd. And going forward, I expect to be showcasing MANY of these new products here on The Windows Blog.

We continue to be overwhelmed at the community’s response to Windows 7 and it has been an extremely rewarding experience to witness. We hope the enthusiasm will continue to grow even more as our partners build amazing experiences with their products and Windows 7.

If you want to know when you’ll be able to get RTM of Windows 7, click here to read my post from yesterday outlining which audiences will get access to the RTM bits.

Brandon LeBlanc on RTM

Last edited:
so is this the real RTM the one available on ftp?

"MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.ULTIMATE.7600.16385.RTM.X64.RETAIL.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT"

Thanks

Its my guess they are the same thing. Look here.

Probably a good time to remind everyone NOT to post any links anywhere. I would even go as far as NOT PM'ing links either. We dont want this site getting pwnd by Microsoft. If your after links there are plenty of other places to find them.

Its my guess they are the same thing. Look here.

Probably a good time to remind everyone NOT to post any links anywhere. I would even go as far as NOT PM'ing links either. We dont want this site getting pwnd by Microsoft. If your after links there are plenty of other places to find them.

Very well said Loathe... ;)

Heres a quote from Link Removed due to 404 Error

7600.16385.090713-1255 is confirmed as the official RTM build, according to Steven Sinofsky "today after all the validation checks were met, we signed off and declared build 7600.16385 as RTM."

Very nice... :)

Not being smug, but I told you this over a week ago. You owe me a pint :razz:

The RTM build is 7600, but it is not the same one that leaked less than two weeks ago (7600.16384). We speculated that Microsoft may end up recompiling build 7600 until it is satisfied, but it only took the company one more shot to get it right: 7600.16385 is the final build number. Microsoft refused to share the full build string, but if you trust leaks from a few days ago, it's \"6.1.7600.16385.090713-1255,\" which indicates that the final build was compiled over a week ago: July 13, 2009, at 12:55pm. This would be in line with the rumored RTM date but it is also the day Microsoft stated that Windows 7 had not yet hit RTM. Although the final build had been compiled, Microsoft still had to put it through testing before christening it as RTM.

Microsoft: Windows 7 is done, on its way to manufacturers - Ars Technica

There is another discussion on the release to manufacture here. Good news though.

Threads merged ..davec

Last edited by a moderator:
I owe you nothing, the build/string you said was the RTM was in fact NOT the RTM.. As later confirmed by Microsoft.. ;)
Yes, Build 7600 has been declared the RTM but the string you claimed at the time wasn't the right one.. ;)

Bollox the discussion was about the build number 7600 v`s 7300 build strings were never mentioned. :mad:

Bollox the discussion was about the build number 7600 v`s 7300 build strings were never mentioned.

Actually, strings were mentioned.. ;)

As posted by you..

"wzor info:
That could escape WHEN WINDOWS 7/SERVER 2008 R2 RTM 7600
First of all, we can all see what is really July 10, 2009, Microsoft made a choice between the candidates in the final RTM release:
6.1.7269.0.win7_rtm.090706-1900;
6.1.7270.0.win7_rtm.090708-1900;
6.1.7271.0.win7_rtm.090709-1520;
and as we wrote earlier, it was determined what the final build will build, he became the build 7600, build: 6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945
Nevertheless, we venture to suggest that even today or tomorrow on 13 July, Microsoft will collect another assembly (eg 16386) which will be provided TAP'am as well as possible is it to be announced at the upcoming World Partner Conference WPC09 Microsoft going-ment New Orleans (New Orlean) from 13-16 July, but July 24, this assembly will provide the partner of Microsoft for download from CONNECT.
In Asia (China) of the internet network already has the message and screenshots assembly 6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945:
6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945_1
6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945_2
6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945_3
as well as its technical specifications:
7600.16384.090710-1945_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso
SIZE: 3,224,717,312
SHA1: 0x31849B315290EFABFD81F967ED3C553D82925E4C
- For the time being, we can not verify the authenticity of these ISO file!
We'll let you know the exact details of assemblies as they become known to us. Prior to the formal signing of (engineering sign-off) RTM build, we can not say that assembled the final gold code of Windows 7, but this has not happened!
Most likely in the coming hours the network will get Windows 7 x64 version utekshaya Chinese unit of Microsoft, as well as the possible loss the first official beta build 2010 OFFICE:
MICROSOFT.OFFICE.2010.v14.0.4302.1000.BETA.1.VOLUM E.X86-64.ENGLISH-WZT - himself an office in the two versions of x86-64.
MICROSOFT.OFFICE.2010.v14.0.4302.1000.BETA.1.SLP.X 86-64.RUSSIAN-WZT
- Russian pack for the interface in the two versions of x86-64.
For the tech who are interested a full description and comparison of versions of Windows 7 suggest reading the paper in Russian: Windows.7.SKU.Guide
For updates, articles, details, screenshots will be posted by us in the near future. "

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I said I would admit being wrong if build 7600 turned out to be the RTM.. and it has so yes I admit I was wrong.. It does happen.. ;) It's called being human.. :)
progress.gif

Ok in the quote there were build strings lol

But we discussed what the final build number would be, that was my original point when I asked you to buy me a pint ( which im not going to get lol )

Anyway, yer it doesn`t matter, its all good anyhow :)

Back