RunDLL "There was a problem starting jjysp.dll

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by EliasThorpe, Sep 6, 2010.

1. EliasThorpe

EliasThorpe New Member

I've been getting this error every startup. It's been happening for a while so I don't know what program is causing the problem, or I would have reinstalled it.

I looked through my startup programs on system config and it says the startup item is "sta", manufacturer is "Unknown", command is "rundll32 "jjysp.dll",,Run", and finally location is "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

I have no idea what it is or where it came from, but I'm pretty suspect of the process. I searched online for the .dll file but nothing came up. Should I disable it? Is that all I need to do to get rid of it, or is there something more that I should do?

2. EliasThorpe

EliasThorpe New Member

I disabled it and it seems like everything is working fine, no problems on startup or anything.

3. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

4. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

It's almost certainly a leftover from and antivirus cleanup. You should use msconfig or autoruns (much more powerful startup manager) free from MS:

Autoruns for Windows

to stop it running, delete it from startup reboot then do a final search and make sure the dll has been deleted (it probably was by your AV).

#4 patcooke, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010