Windows 7 Running older progs in Win 7

Ron55

Hi

I've just got a new laptop (HP DM3) running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Great except one small issue with a programme I have for installing fire alarm software. When I tried to install the programme windows gives the message:

"THe version is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check to see if you need an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit)".

I'm guessing as it was written for XP it needs the 32 bit. Is their any way I can run this in Win 7 as I am sure the alarm company won't have written any new software yet.

Cheers, Ron

Ron did you try installing in compatibility mode? Right click on installer and select properties then compatibility tab.
Joe

I think you meant Zone Alarm? Anyway, it sounds like you are trying to run the 32 bit installer, which shouldn't actually be a problem. The only thing I can think of is that ZA forces you to use the 64 bit version if you are running a 64 bit OS. There must be a 64 bit version of the installer which you can download instead?

I'm running 32-bit anrun many old 16-bit programs withought the need for ompatibility changes.That's exact;y why I choose 32-bit.

Back