Ryzen

Capture.PNG

thats a big difference for bios update... did you add ram or its not reading the old stick?

I just think the software hasn't caught up yet as cpu-z works and they use an old one.

I'm still in the process of tweaking but so far:

realbeanch.JPG

wow!.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I must not try to catch up. Until I can get a 240mm AIO or raise these to 2700rpm from my usual 1500 max

Interesting blog regarding the latest AGESA 1.0.0.6. Bios updates and what they mean in terms of tweakability:

Our data points indicate that Geardown Mode should be disabled for gaming if you can achieve your desired memory overclock with a 1T command rate. The opposite holds true if 1T CR proves too aggressive to reach your desired clockspeed--leaving Geardown Mode enabled may get you there. Finally, when it comes to GDM vs. 2T CR (not shown), specific memory throughput testing should be conducted as the balance of power will come down to your other memory timings.
Gaming: Memory OC Showdown: Frequency vs. Memor... | Community

I tried disabling the Geardown module as I can run a command rate of 1 easily.. WooHoo blue screen city baby and they came thick and fast too plus something i've never seen before it even blue screen in the bios!
As you can imagine that was quickly enabled again although not everyone may have the same experience. This is all a learning curve and it depends on what kit your using as well as a myriad of other things.

BankGroupSwap (BGS) is a new memory mapping option in AGESA 1.0.0.6 that alters how applications get assigned to physical locations within the memory modules; the goal of this knob is to optimize how memory requests are executed after taking DRAM architecture and your memory timings into account. The theory goes that toggling this setting can shift the balance of performance in favor of either games or synthetic apps.

This I can do and as of yet I can't really tell if it helps or not.. Mind you 2% is quite hard to find when using a 980Ti ;)

Mike, ideally you need to run the Custom PC version of Real bench as the above is only for ROG boards.

the version for all pc's is here, just click download at the top of the page:
Custom PC RealBench

I'll give it a go and report back my results shortly.

Tue Jul 18 2017
18:18:31
Image Editing: 59179
Time: 202.57
Encoding: 296688
Time: 40.406
OpenCL: 152528
KSamples/sec: 4129
Heavy Multitasking: 170871
Time: 57.236
System Score: 139310
Intel Performance Index: 121.72%

upload_2017-7-18_18-21-29.png

The screenshot appears to be mushed. No way to resize the window. Apparently this software does not like certain screen resolutions. But nonetheless.

I always snip my results as it turns out better. I've been doing a little tweaking too:
rbench.JPG

Back