Ryzen

More ThreadRipper goodness:
Sneak preview: Unboxing Threadripper 1920X & 1950X

index.php

Initial bench results:
Over the weekend LinusTechTips posted some results on an Alienware Area 51 powered by a 16-core, 32-thread ThreadripperThe 32 GB (4x 8 GB) with 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM was fitted with a FE GTX 1080 Ti.

Some benchmark numbers have been posted and compared to an Intel X299 system with a Core i9-7900X (10 cores, 20 threads) based on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, 4x 8 GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 memory, the same GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition, and a 512 GB Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD.

The Threadripper system certainly delivers. Check below some benchmarks in the form of ROTR, 3DMark, Cinebench and Blender.

Check out the impressive results here:
Alienware Area 51 Ryzen Threadripper Benchmarks

AGESA 1.0.0.7 is incoming:

AGESA 1007 comes with support for Raven Ridge APUs. AMD has also changed the entire BIOS base structure so we have to do a lot of work to port everything to the new version, which may result in further bugs. The advantage is that it makes it easier to support future CPUs (Raven Ridge, Pinnacle Ridge). The cold boot fix will be implemented as soon as we have a recent AGESA version which supports it.
AMD Preps AGESA 1.0.0.7 Firmware to support Raven Ridge APUs

Is that a 1700? Because if so why's it at 3ghz and not 3.2?
"Ryzen7 1700, 8-Core/16 Threads UNLOCKED, Max Freq 3.7GHz, 20MB Cache Socket AM4 65W, with Wraith Spire cooler"

yes I have it clocked down a bit to not stress the board... only running stock cooler

I will run at this level for a while then may add water or another 8g ram stick because I notice my rendor times in Dimension have dropped and that is nice because all my games run well so OC isn't high on my to do list

I used the stock cooler for awhile, with good airflow in the case, Theres no need to clock it down. Let the chip do it's thing and it stays cool.

Back