Windows 7 safe folder removal?

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Win 7 home, i5, 1T, MSE, MBAM, secunia, router

After removing Norton's Security Suite 2010 I found a folder in C:/users/public/public downloads.

It contains a string of digits which I have in the attachment. There are two of them one ends in v4 and the other in v5.
When you open either you find information like download manager, system information etc
Can I delete these folders safely?
Thank you
Peter

I'll say yes Peterr, they're Norton related. If you want to edge your bets, first zip them up so you have back-ups. Then delete the un-zipped folders. If nothing complains after a week, delete the zipped folders.

BTW Did you use the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode to clean up after you removed Norton?? If not: Norton Removal Tool

I'll say yes Peterr, they're Norton related. If you want to edge your bets, first zip them up so you have back-ups. Then delete the un-zipped folders. If nothing complains after a week, delete the zipped folders.

BTW Did you use the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode to clean up after you removed Norton?? If not: Norton Removal Tool

I ran the removal tool but not in safe mode. I'll give it a try and thank you for your suggestions.
Peter

Another idea is, if, you know how, delete all Norton stuff via the Registry.

I trust you replaced Norton w/ MSE.

Drew

Back
Top Bottom