Windows 7 Saving files, cannot find

phaseman

Hello

Just recently bought a new comp with window 7. after using XP for many years I find window 7 annoying to use with all this permission errors.

So far I have three software when I save my files to a folder it's not in there. When I do a search its not found. When I go back to my program try to save the file again, it asked do I wish to replace the existing file.

I will then install the software on my old pc using XP and have ZERO problem. So as you can imagine my frustration using window 7. I have spend hours searching the internet for solutions.

I seriously regret buying windows 7, all I seemed to do waste time searching the internet looking for solutions. I feel window 7 is treating the user as a moron by taking away full control. Its my pc and if I make a mistake I will deal with it.

Any way RANT over , but not my problem. Can some one please explain where the hell my save files are?

Thanks

Almost always by default here;
C:\Users\YourUserName\Downloads
but can sometimes be changed depending on what you're downloading and what you're downloading it with as some browser's allow customizing the default location as well as different download managers.
Welcome to the forums. And if you'll be patient, I suspect Windows 7 will grow on you, just in time for Windows 8.
Regards
Randy

Thanks for the reply. I'm not downloading anything. Saving a file from a software program. This is the third software that is causing this issue, My files are not to be seen in my save folder.

Running the exact software on another pc with xp and no problems.

Not sure if it will grow on me, I will not have the patience to let it, so far I am wasting time.

sorry for being negative but I am really frustrated with this all.

Assuming you know the location where the files are being saved (if not perhaps let us know which three software products you are using and perhaps we can help) open that folder and from the menu bar select tools->folder options and then select the View tab from the resultant dialog box (if the menu bar is not present, strike the Alt Key on your keyboard), about eight lines down put a dot in the radio button that says "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and click OK. Can you see your files now?

Last edited:
Hi

I had already tick the show hidden files but still see nothing.

Software causing problems
Red Giant
Particle illusion
Adobe Cs5 master collection.

If it was not for CS5, I would install XP right now. Was very reluctant changing to window 7 , and I see my fear is justified.

Thanks

Are these files being saved locally or across the network or to removable media. There are a lot of references out there indicating issues with CS5 creating hidden files when saved to network.
Unfortunately, I have practically no experience with the three software products that you mentioned, however we do have several members with experience with CS5 and perhaps by bumping this thread someone will notice and have a fix or work around for you, because I've looked and other than the occasional reference to updating the firmware for your NAS (Network Attached Storage) device I haven't found anything.
I'll continue looking but I'm hoping that someone with specific knowledge might have some input.
And if you find a solution to the issue, will you please update your thread. I for one would like to know.
Regards
Randy

Hello

I appreciate the time you have taken to reply. I finally found my issue with all my files not showing. Firstly I was hastily condemning Window 7 for the issues, I do however still find the permission annoying.

My problem laid with my virus protection, my saved files were auto sandbox for some reason. After much headache I discovered this by share accident.

Again thanks you for your effort.

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue and thanks for posting back and updating your thread.
Can you advise as to which antivirus product cause the issue it would be nice to know for future reference.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forums.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom