Windows Vista Scanning to Email

brickman

I use a Brother Printer and was able to scan to email. This no longer works but I can scan to files, etc. I get and icon but no image. I am using Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2007.
How do I cure this.
Brickman

Are you using the software that came with printer to scan to email? If so, I would also recommend uninstalling printer software and then reinstalling software. For some unknown reasons printer software becomes corrupt over a period of time, I have personally seen this my self and it happens to all printer software. Especially if you turn off certain printer features that you may use only once in awhile or not at all. This seems to be what cause's most of the software corruption. Once I quit turning off printer features and just left it alone I have'nt had a problem since. Then again it could be just something simple as a driver issue as kemical pointed out. Also check with the manufacturer of printer web site to see if there is an updated driver or some known issues that they have fixed with a software update.

I have tried both suggsestions and I still can't scan to email.
Is there a conflict with Outlook 2007?
brickmaN

I have tried both suggsestions and I still can't scan to email.
Is there a conflict with Outlook 2007?
brickmaN

You should look in the Brothers Solution Center. You didn't list the model number of your printer. There can be a conflict with some models on Windows Outlook 2002,2003, 2007. They list steps to take. (I was reading about model DCP-8060) Have you updated SP2 Outlook 2007?

Back