Windows Vista scanpst.exe

Pandaz3

Extraordinary Member
I have Vista Ultimate and had Office 2000 premium on it and about six months after Office 2007 came out i bought the Prfessional Upgrade version of it and installed it. since then we have moved and also have a ton of boxes from storage.

Outlook 2007 had a problem and I can't get in there at all and it says to use scanpst.exe to repair it. It is not on my copy of of Professional, apparently as it is an upgrade. The Office 2000 Premium came as four CD's I found the last two with "PhotoDraw" but not the first two with Outlook 2000. I'm not even sure if the Office 2000 version would work to repair Outlook 2007.

is an updated version of scanpst.exe available somewhere. Can I puchase a full copy of Outlook 2007 as a stand alone product and it would have this scanpst.exe

Locate and Repair your PST files

Microsoft provides the inbuilt repair tool that is scanpst.exe with all the versions of outlook. Like you many people are unable to locate scanpst.exe. The location of scanpst.exe in 2007 is :-

C:\Programs Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12 in 32 bit windows

C:\Programs Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12 for 64 bit windows

But in some cases scapst.exe fails to recover the lost data from a damaged PST files. In that case you can easily repair your damaged PST files with PST Repair Software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom