Scheduling SyncToy

#1
I think this is a Win7 problem, because I got it to work on XP and I haven't on 7.

Windows 7 Pro (32 bit)
SyncToy downloaded from MS (32 bit)

I configured it the same as I had it on the XP system, created folder pairs and ran them from the SyncToy GUI. I added a scheduled task which I think is the same as I have it on the XP, subject to the different interface.

When I try to run it the log says:
Task triggered by user
Task Engine received message to start task
Task Started
Action started
Action failed to start ... Launch Failure ... addition information is 2147942667.
Action start failed ... Run Failure

Any ideas? Including what extra diagnostics I could collect.
 


Trouble

Noob Whisperer
#2
Take a look at this regarding the program path versus the start in path, having to do with quotes and no quotes and see if that is pertinent.
Event ID 103
 


#3
Thank you - this looks like the answer.
Program path must be quoted.
Start-in path may be quoted on XP but not on Win7.

A rabbit's foot and some incantations seem to help too.
 


Trouble

Noob Whisperer
#4
Thank you - this looks like the answer.
Program path must be quoted.
Start-in path may be quoted on XP but not on Win7.

A rabbit's foot and some incantations seem to help too.
Hope it works for you.
A savory potion made from bats wing and eye of newt always seems to do it for me.
Regards
Randy
 


#5
Perhaps the new version fixes things ... but I was trying to get SyncToy to sync my DVD collection and it would not, I don't think it even gave an error, just exited ... I'm still looking for a good sync and simple to use sync tool.
 


This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.