Screen Freezes and BSOD regally, can't get any work done, please help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by ODay, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ODay

ODay New Member

Hi, this goes out to anybody who can help me. I have been getting a BSOD and regular screen freezes for a while now and they are becoming more and more frequent and I can't get to the bottom of what is causing it. I am not an expert with computer but need it for my work as an architectural technologist.
    I have attached all relevant files such as:
    CPUID screen shots
    Minidump folder
    HTML report
    and the problem signature that comes up when restarting the computer.

Kind regards.

Owen

Attached Files:

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

It appears the Wininit.exe process (system critical) was terminated and the system crashed.

The termination seems to have been due to an I/O error which caused some data to not be placed in memory where it needed to be.

I do not see any outdated drivers on your system, but others might find some problems.

So I will just hazard a guess that it is due possibly to a memory problem, or since you have an SSD, maybe related to that. I don't know what to look for in the CPU-Z attachments, so you will need to wait until someone does.

I would suggest you need to run a memory test, and there are descriptions of how to do that on site. As far as the SSD, maybe running a chkdsk, but I have never used one of SSD Drives.

Going farther, does these Blue Screens happen at any particular point, like only during a cold boot, or resuming from sleep or hibernation? Anything else that make you think it could be related to the freezing/crashes?

Hopefully someone with more suggestions will come along soon. If you need help, don't hesitate to post back.

3. ODay

ODay New Member

It tends to happen at random times when either idle or doing work. It does sometimes crash when doing a cold boot. I have done a ram check and no errors where found, will run it overnight to make sure. If it is the ram it could be why its failing as I put my TMP files mounted on a ramdisk to speed up usage and keep the read/write cycles down on my SSD.

4. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

Further to the answer by Saltgrass,

As a Priority:

sptd.sys Sun Feb 27 19:29:52 2011 The sptd.sys driver is notorious for causing BSOD's with Windows 7. It's a driver used and installed along with Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120 which you'll also have to uninstall.
    Then use the correct (32bit or 64bit) download from Duplex Secure - Downloads to uninstall the SPTD.SYS driver.
    Make sure to select the uninstall button! DO NOT SELECT INSTALL!!

Drivers with Updates:

Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 07:33:15 2011 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller v7.049 If you're unsure about manually installing drivers then choose the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1477671) option to download.

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Nov 23 10:14:08 2010 Realtek HD Audio R2.67

rtl8192se.sys Fri Apr 09 06:01:07 2010 Realtek Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC NT Driver

RtNdPt60.sys Mon Jul 20 03:27:32 2009 Netgear GA511 Driver file (Realtek chipset)

5. ODay

ODay New Member

Thank you very much for your knowledgeable expertise.